I didn't learn much about gardening from my mom.... She had a modest wild flower garden in her front yard. But it wasn't a hobby she pursued on a regular basis like myself. But she did teach me about kindness and showing compassion for others. She taught me to reach out and help people that need it. She always gave selflessly.
My mom was an amazing artist and while she didn't so much create gardens in actual dirt, she created masterpieces on canvas and murals on walls. She absolutely amazed me with her talent. Especially this 'formal courtyard' with the birdbath. I wanted to walk thru that wall when she showed me!

My mom passed away in July 2008 from cervical cancer. She fought long and hard and my brothers and I, we were there with her every step of the way. One day near the end she tried to talk to me, to say the things that she might not get to say later... The thing that touched me the most was when she told me "Of all the masterpieces I have created, you are one of my greatest masterpieces." I remember that moment often... when I need a bit of a pick me up or I'm feeling down. Because the work she did was absolutely amazing and it humbled me that she felt that way about me. I know, being a mother, that I feel the same way about my own children. But it is still humbling to be told and to know how much you mean to someone you love.
I wanted to share a few pictures of mom's gardens she created through out the years. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. I like knowing that part of her legacy still lives on in her creations.
Tears running down my face....
ReplyDeleteThis was a beautiful tribute to your lovely and loving mother. You were blessed to have had such a wonderful mother.
ReplyDeleteHer art touches my heart, makes me happy. Thank you for sharing her pieces with us.
FlowerLady
Lovely, lovely, lovely. Her paintings and your tribute to her touch my heart.
ReplyDeleteYour mother's paintings are amazing. As you well know, you were lucky to have a mother who made you feel so loved and so valuable.
ReplyDeleteHi - This is Mama Pea here. Thanks for perusing my blog! I'm having trouble answering your questions in the comment section of my older blog postings. If you would go to my blog home page and use the Contact button to send me an e-mail address where I can correspond with you, I'll be glad to answer all your queries. Does that sound like it would work.
ReplyDeleteThese are beautiful! Thank you for sharing a piece of your mother! I would also love to walk into that wall!
ReplyDeleteOh, Wendy! How fortunate you are to have such mother! And what a good daughter you are! Your words touched my heart. Wonderful, wonderful pieces of art she created! Light, cheerful, full of hope and happiness!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Tatyana
P.S. I hope you got my message about using Picasa to put your copyright on the photographs.
What a beautiful tribute to your mom, and what a beautiful and loving complement she gave you.
ReplyDeleteMy mother passed away in summer 2009 and I often wonder if she can see me, hear me, or guide me. I think so. If nothing else, and it is a lot, we have all that our mother's taught us when they were alive.
Thank you for sharing.