Shabby1 Spring

Friday, April 15, 2011

The Delivery Peeps Sure Do Like Visiting Me!

There is MUCH to do in the garden this week/weekend.  Plants I happily ordered during winter are ALL arriving this week. *gulp*  I knew this fact.  I guess I just chose to ignore the realization of just how much work that would be for me to deal with over a week's time!

We've got huge thunderstorms rolling in this afternoon.  The old rhyme holds true here in Georgia of April showers bring May flowers!  The perennials are waking up and are quickly reaching up high for the sunlight.  They are loving this rain.... but then again, so are the weeds!  They are growing gangbusters and I need to nip it in the bud.  Get it?  Nip it.. in the bud...  I'm here all week folks!  :P

So, rather than reading my garden friends' blogs, I suppose I need to gulp down this last bit of coffee, pour another cup, heh, and out I go to dig, plant, weed, and move some rocks around the pond if my knee allows it.   Once the rain sets in it will be a good opportunity to do some more seed starting. Or blog reading.  I'll let you know which activity wins!

Off I go to play in some dirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment