Shabby1 Spring

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Frustration

Granted, I know I got hit over the head and knocked down by a huge pine tree...and I was lucky. .DAMN lucky to have not been severely injured or even killed...

I am trying to keep that in perspective.

But I am feeling whiney.  I had no idea I would feel even worse and more battered 3 days later...  I have pain all over the place, constant headache, neck pain, right wrist is still swollen, lower back aches, left ankle is REALLY ugly and swells twice its size on a regular basis.. I thought I was well enough to go grocery shopping yesterday.  That wasn't one of my smartest ideas...  I came home exhausted and now have blisters on the heel of the same jacked up ankle.. So today I'm really trying to take it easy.  I keep putting my foot up, but the position that best helps my ankle hurts my neck and head most.

The tree companies have been in & out giving quotes.  We finally decided on a company that will do the most removal, with the least damage to the surrounding area.  Both companies though would have to drive their bobcats right over and thru my veggie garden beds.  I don't like it, but I know there's no alternative.  One wanted to cut another branch off my mom's large Japanese Maple.  It already lost 2 due to the pine crashing on the one side of it.  I refused to give up another.  Gotta put my foot down about something!!  The most annoying thing is my planting table, chair, all my planting supplies, my pots.. I had just moved all those items onto the back porch 2 days before the tree fell thru the porch.  Arghh.

I am ready to be WELL.  I am anxious to be able to walk in the backyard and see the damage.  I am REALLY anxious to get on that back porch and salvage all the seedlings I can.  I figure if someone will just let me back there... I could at least salvage maybe half of my tomatoes and peppers... the squash are squooshed..  hopefully if I start some this week I'll still get some harvest out of them by summer's end.  I hadn't even started the beans which is just as well because where the bobcats must travel is right thru where I'd planned on putting up my trellises.

I'm a MOM.  Mom's don't do well being incapacitated.. right?? lol  It's SO hard for me to just sit around and not be DOING something...  I wanna get outside and GARDEN!

waahhh!

My battered babies

2 comments:

  1. I know it is tough, but you will get through this. In the grand scheme of things, your garden is the least of your worries. Just be thankful you weren't hurt worse. Praying for your continued healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could come take care of you. I know how you feel, I was in a bad car wreck a few years ago. Didn't break any bones, but the soft tissue damage was bad, and slow to heal, and probably more painful than broken bones would have been.

    When my big tree blew down on my garden, I basically had to start from scratch in mid-July. I know you read my blog from the beginning...go back there to 2008 and see what a lovely garden and harvest I ended up with, even with such a late start. You can do it too! Hang in there, baby ;-)

    ReplyDelete