I'm working on a grand do-over of epic proportions for our garden. But it didn't seem right to post that today when there are bigger things on my mind.
Today would've been my mom's 60th birthday. We would have had great fun planning for that one! :) She is heavy on my mind and in my heart today. As a woman, the loss of your mom is epic. There's no family 'home' to go back to when you need support. There's no motherly advice when you're at your wits' end with one of your kids. There's no one to tell you stories about your childhood or fill in the empty spots of memories you do have. There's no one left to encourage you when you need that encouragement that only your mama seems able to give. But the hardest of all is no more loving hugs that seem to make everything alright again..that safe haven that encircles you knowing how much you are loved.
I am trying to celebrate her life today as I know she would prefer that I do... She would've asked for a yellow cake with homemade fudge icing... and only 36 candles no matter what her actual age because she liked to joke that she was never gonna get older than 36. She'd tell me not to bother to get her a present but she'd be pleased when I would. I always loved shopping for her. She loved such simple but beautiful things. She loved angels, wind chimes and dragonflies. Right now I am listening to the wind as it makes all the wind chimes on my front porch tinkle out a melody. Both my wind chimes and hers making music together.
My brothers and I will be getting together this Sunday. To talk, and share, remember, to shed a few tears and to laugh... especially to laugh. Because that's what she taught us. To be strong, carry on, and find something good in the bad and always, always find something that will make your heart smile. She was a beautiful loving mom and I'm so thankful that I had the time I had with her to help me shape my life. Now, I think I might just go make a yellow cake with chocolate fudge icing in her honor.
I love you mama. I hope you are dancing with the angels in the clouds today...
Hug the ones you love!
~W


Happy birthday, Wendy's Mom. I know you are celebrating with her from up above. She loves you, you know, and I'm sure you are proud that you raised such a sweet and loving daughter.
ReplyDeleteThat is an amazing tribute! I think it is so wonderful that you all get together and remember...so special!
ReplyDelete