Shabby1 Spring

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Zombies!

It's been a busy busy month!

Yesterday we attended our first ever 'Zombie Walk'.  We weren't quite sure what to expect.  (Except lots of people dressed as zombies of course!)

My oldest son and my daughter, myself, THE man, and my brother and his fiancee' all attended.  And it was a BLAST!!!!!!!!!

So many creative costumes and make-up.  I'm already planning for a bloodier costume next year!  :)  The Zombie Walk was put together as a way to help a local food ministry by hosting a canned foods drive in order to participate in the walk.  They expected maybe 50-70 people.. but at last count it was just shy of 400 people that showed up to join in!  Who knew there were so many zombie fans out there?  I guess with the show 'The Walking Dead' being so popular it has made a lot more people interested.

I got just a few shots on my camera before my batteries died.  (arghh @ myself!)  My son, Josh, also found a video on CNN of all places in which you can see us walking by.. or should I say shuffling by ...lol

And I have to admit, while I did stay 'in character' I did also manage to dead head quite a few nice flower containers along the walk... and stuffed the seeds into my jacket pockets..lol   I guess even being un-dead didn't quench my thirst for.... SEEDS!!!!!!!!   mwaah hahahaha  

I just loved this guy's sign..lol

My Zombie family :)

My brother and his fiancee'

The 'zombie bite' makeup I put on my daughter's hand.. not bad for a first try!

Random zombie dudes


Sign reads We're Here  We're Dead Get used to it! lol
Here's the CNN video link
Marietta Zombie Walk

Happy Halloween everyone!

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I finally got to see your zombies! That's some nasty (real looking) makeup!

    ReplyDelete